Write clearer, more maintainable code and grow your confidence.
Refactoring is the art of making our already-written code better and is one of the best skills you can learn in programming. It enables you to make your code more readable, maintainable, and elegant. Learning this skill will pay dividends for years, as you will more easily add features to existing code and reduce the maintenance burden.
But how do you refactor your code?
It turns out that developers have spent years refining step-by-step refactoring methods, allowing you to improve the quality of your code without changing what it does.
But most of those techniques are for languages like C and Java, which are not as flexible as python.
Besides having python-specific methods, this toolkit translates the "traditional" refactoring practices into modern python—and gives you a get-out-of-jail-free technique that is easy to remember and can help you if you don't have the refactoring methods handy.
With this toolkit, your python code is quickly going to become better, and you're going to be more confident.
- Over 20 improvement patterns
- These are specific patterns that help you identify parts of your code that can be improved.
- Over 70 refactoring methods
- Each method includes a step-by-step guide to improve your code without altering what it does and ruining your day! Each is focused on modern python development.
- 1 get-out-of-jail-free method
- An easy-to-remember technique for refactoring your code without remembering the specifics of any refactoring method.
- Enhanced for Obsidian
- Obsidian (https://obsidian.md) is a powerful, free program that will help you learn quicker by linking allowing you to quickly jump between related pages or search for that thing you barely remember.